Monday, May 18, 2009

If I were Filthy Rich...

This weeks Powerball Lottery is at $170 million dollars. I never buy tickets, but still occasionally daydream about how I'd spend the money. So if I were a millionaire, most of my money would go towards drug law reform in Iowa. I would run commercials and put stuff up on billboards. Throw some charity balls. We'd piss off a lot of people, and It’d be a lot of fun.

The other day, I was trolling for prohibitionists sites, just to keep an eye on what they were doing and saying, it’s never really anything groundbreaking. But I came across a non-profit society called Save Our Society from Drugs. The site lacks any real substance as far as persuasive arguments go. But I did find an interesting page that I’ll link here called “Follow the Money Trail”. It gives a list of wealthy contributors to past and current drug legalization ballots.

A guy by the name of George Soros appears on the list the most. Apparently he is the 29th richest person in the world with an estimated net worth of over $11 billion. If these figures are correct, the amount of money he’s donated to drug law reform is just a shiny flash in the pan, but hey, Mr. Soros, we still respect you. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment